Is Math A Challenge For Your Child?
NOW is the time to meet the challenge and help your child build a stronger foundation for high school math.
Master Math is an innovative math program to help LOCAL elementary and middle school students markedly improve their math fundamentals, and build a stronger foundation for the high school math that is taught in the Lamorinda and San Ramon Valley school districts. Moreover, Master Math students begin to enjoy math. That’s right. Not only will your child’s frustration be a thing of the past, he or she will actually look forward to math. Many of our Master Math “graduates” are now on the fastest math track in high school. Others are happy to have caught up with the rest of their class.
The Master Math Difference
- We organize our students into small groups based on their grade in school and proficiency. Rest assured, your struggling 6th grader will not be sitting next to an 8th grade whiz kid who is already taking geometry.
- Within each group, every student receives a significant amount of individual attention because our student:teacher ratio typically ranges from 1:1 – 5:1. This is HUGELY different than what happens at other learning centers with large groups of students sitting next to each other at long tables.
- Moreover, the attention will come from a real teacher who has a great deal of experience working with elementary school students.
- Each student starts with a comprehensive assessment. Then, we personalize the curriculum based on your son or daughter’s skill gaps and learning style.
- We add a wide variety of educational games to the mix to ensure that every student is having fun while significantly improving his or her math skills.
Master Middle School Math
- In Master Middle School Math, we organize students based on their grade level and proficiency. We have groups for Math 6, Math 7 (Pre-Algebra), and Algebra.
- Within each group, every student receives a significant amount of individual attention because our student:teacher ratio is typically only 3:1. This is HUGELY different than what happens at other learning centers that focus on math and have students sitting next to each other at long tables.
- Moreover, the attention will come from a real teacher with a great deal of experience working with middle school students.
- Master Math is aligned with state standards and benchmarks and is taught by experienced professionals.
- The program has been co-developed by a local G.A.T.E. teacher, JoAnn Shogan, co-founder of Lafayette Academy and long-time, local math teacher, and Avra Davidson, a 30+ year math teacher who currently runs the program.
- $60/week (for up to 6 hours per week)
- You register for one month at a time, and you can begin at any time.