We offer a college essay support program.
- All of our college essay tutors are trained to utilize Lafayette Academy’s proprietary college essay curriculum.
- Our curriculum includes materials to guide students through the important self-assessment and brainstorming processes.
- We help students develop appropriate “positioning” strategies so they can write focused essays that are relevant to their body of work and their target colleges.
- We guide students through the writing process but we do not write the essays.
- Our students learn how to “show” their special qualities and character by telling their stories to admissions officers.
Our College Essay Support program includes 31/2 hours of one-on-one support at times that are convenient for you. Here’s the agenda:
Session 1 (1.5 hours)
We utilize proprietary curriculum to guide students through a comprehensive self-assessment and brainstorming process. This 11/2 hour session helps students in many ways, including the emergence of several topics for their essays. If time permits, we help students outline their essays because we expect them to complete at least two rough drafts prior to their 2nd appointment (1 – 2 weeks later). We also give students a packet that includes college essay writing tips and sample essays that include college admissions officers feedback.
Session 2 (1 hour)
We help students turn their drafts into compelling essays that position them appropriately for their target schools. This session may focus on content and/or writing style depending on each student’s needs. We expect students to come to the 3rd session with their final drafts.
Session 3 (1 hour)
We help students format and finalize their essays, including a grammar review to ensure that the grammar on each essay is flawless.
The fee for the whole program is $275 ($225 if your son or daughter has been in our SAT Prep program). Hourly support is also available for $99/hour.