Intentional Writers utilizes the adaptive technology of Redbird Language Arts and Writing to help young students develop their writing and grammar skills. This platform was developed at Stanford University and is grounded in more than 25 years of research.
Cultivating Your Child’s Writing Voice
Lafayette Academy’s goal is to nurture your children into becoming “intentional writers” so they can express themselves in a clear and concise manner. We accomplish this by identifying and closing foundational writing gaps that prevent children from finding their writing voice and style.
Our students develop a well-rounded appreciation for the power of the pen and will experience greater confidence throughout their academic careers.
Our friendly, attentive tutors are highly trained to personally guide your child towards improving his or her writing style, grammar skills, and vocabulary. You will see verifiable results and noticeable growth in confidence and self-esteem.
Redbird Writing Grades K-8th
- Redbird Writing from McGraw-Hill is an amazing program that was developed at Stanford University.
- Redbird is an adaptive program that guides personalized instruction for each student based on his or her level.
- Although Redbird is the foundation of our Intentional Writers program, every student is guided by a highly experienced teacher.
- Students begin with comprehensive assessments that are correlated with State Standards and Benchmarks.
- Based on the assessment results and after a discussion with parents, we create a personalized learning program for each student.
- We meet with students twice a week in one-on-one or small group sessions.
- Our tutors also help students with any challenges they’re having with their current schoolwork.
- We provide progress assessments every 6 weeks to ensure that we’re making real progress (on top of what you’re seeing in school).
Why Lafayette Academy?
- We have experienced, personable teachers who complete extensive training for each program.
- Our personalized assessments reveal skill gaps that are addressed in our programs; we also incorporate each student’s learning style(s).
- Our instructors monitor your child’s progress EVERY week.
- Our instructors will incorporate study skills, and mentoring (when necessary) with subject-specific help.
- We are continuing to raise the bar for online instruction, and we will do whatever it takes to ensure student success.
Whether your child is working on open ended homework questions, writing a class report/paper, or answering an essay question on a standardized test, Lafayette Academy can help your children answer prompts with confidence and writing that is clear, concise, and rich in grade level vocabulary.
The (not so Print
- Each session is 60 minutes, long enough to be meaningful and short enough to keep your son or daughter’s attention.
- The first 30 minutes of the session is spent on Redbird; the remaining 30 minutes on current classwork, projects, test preparation, and/or homework.
- You can purchase 18 or 36 session packages: 18 sessions are $79/hour ($1,422 + assessments); 36 sessions are $69/hour ($2,484), including ongoing assessments).
- The initial comprehensive assessment is $150.