K-8 Programs at Lafayette Academy
Lafayette Academy offers comprehensive programs to help elementary and middle school students catch up or get ahead in math, reading, and writing. Our programs combine actionable assessments with engaging instruction to ensure long-term student progress. We want your children to be honor students in high school.
- Students begin with comprehensive assessments that are correlated with State Standards and Benchmarks.
- We evaluate the assessment results and create a personalized learning program for each student.
- We meet with students once or twice a week in one-on-one or small group sessions.
- Our tutors also help students with any challenges they’re having with their current schoolwork.
- We provide progress assessments every 6 weeks to ensure that we’re making real progress (on top of what you’re seeing in school)
- Redbird Math from McGraw-Hill is an amazing program that was developed at Stanford University. It is the foundation of our Master Math program
- Redbird is an adaptive program with personalized instruction for each student based on his or her level.
- Each student will also work with a highly experienced teacher.
- Strategic Reading is driven by SuccessMaker, an innovative, adaptive assessment-based program that meets your child at his or her own reading level. SuccessMaker was originally developed at Stanford and adjusts to each student’s individual needs.
- Lafayette Academy’s goal is to nurture your child into becoming a “strategic reader” so he or she can comprehend and retain increasingly complex texts … forever!
- Our friendly, attentive tutors are highly trained to personally guide your child towards improving her or his reading comprehension skills. You will see verifiable results and, more importantly, real growth in confidence and self-esteem.
- Intentional Writing utilizes the adaptive technology of Redbird Language Arts and Writing to help young students develop their writing and grammar skills. This platform was developed at Stanford and is grounded in more than 25 years of research.
- Lafayette Academy’s goal is to nurture your children into becoming “intentional writers” so they can express themselves in a clear and concise manner. We accomplish this by identifying and closing foundational writing gaps that prevent children from finding their writing voice and style.
- Our students develop a well-rounded appreciation for the power of the pen and will experience greater confidence throughout their academic careers.
- Our friendly, attentive tutors are highly trained to personally guide your child towards improving his or her writing style, grammar skills, and vocabulary.You will see verifiable results and noticeable growth in confidence and self-esteem.
Why Lafayette Academy?
- We have experienced, personable teachers who complete extensive training for each program. And, we only hire people who genuinely care about their students.
- Our personalized assessments reveal skill gaps that are addressed in our programs; we will also incorporate students’ learning style(s).
- Our instructors will monitor your child’s progress EVERY week.
- Our instructors will incorporate study skills, and mentoring (when necessary) with subject-specific help.
The (not so) Fine Print
- Each session is 60 minutes, long enough to be meaningful and short enough to keep your son or daughter’s attention.
- You can purchase 18 or 36 session packages: 18 sessions are $79/hour ($1,422 + assessments); 36 sessions are $69/hour ($2,484), includes ongoing assessments). As always, we will help you make the right decision for your child.
- Initial comprehensive assessments are $150. All other assessments are complementary.