Effective Date: January 1, 2018
We may from time to time ask you for Personal Information, and we may collect certain information from your device each time you visit our Site. We may also receive Personal Information from third parties with whom we have a business relationship, including our organizational customers, resellers, licensees, and franchisees. “Personal Information” means personally identifiable information and includes, for example, your name; street address; e-mail address; SMS or text message address; phone number; credit card and other payment information; information regarding your academic and extracurricular activities and interests that may identify you; and other information that may identify you as an individual or allow online contact with you.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, child’s name or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you fill out a form or enter information on our site.
FOR PARENTS OF CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13:
For any user under the age of 13, we must have permission from such user’s parent or legal guardian before we collect or use any Personal Information of such user on the Site. You are welcome to call us at 925-284-1644 to review any Personal Information we have collected about your child. You may request that we delete this information or specify that we collect no more of your child’s information. We will need to verify the identity of anyone requesting information about a child under the age of 13 to ensure that the person is in fact the child’s parent or legal guardian.
Right to Opt In and Opt Out
You have the right to “opt in” and “opt out” of certain uses of your Personal Information by us. For example, you may elect not to receive promotional correspondence from us. You may make this request under the contact us page by indicating which correspondence you would like to receive.
You can also send an e-mail to email@example.com. In this e-mail, please say whether: (i) you would like to opt out of receiving all e-mail promotional correspondence from us in general or (ii) if you would only like to opt out of certain of our e-newsletters or correspondence and if so which ones or (iii) you would like to opt out of receiving SMS or text messages. You may also opt out of our promotional e-mails by clicking on an opt-out link within the e-mail you receive.
Please understand that if you opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions and communications with us.
We do not disclose your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes except as described under “LICENSEES AND FRANCHISEES” below.
We may allow our affiliates and third parties, including advertising companies and ad networks, to display advertisements on our Site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. These third parties may collect information about whether you, or others who are using your device, saw and/or clicked on the advertisements they deliver (such as click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over, etc.), and possibly associate this information with your subsequent visits to the advertised websites. Some of these third party advertising companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies and provides information about this behavioral advertising practice (www.networkadvertising.org). You may opt out of our collection of data for use by third party ad companies to provide targeted advertising to you of our products as you visit other sites. Cookies are unique to each device. Therefore, you must opt out separately on all devices you use. If you delete all of your cookies (specifically, the “Opt-Out” cookie), you will have to go through the opt-out process again to reactivate your opted-out status.
Information Collected on this Site
SITE USAGE INFORMATION
- Clear GIFs. We and our service providers may use “clear GIFs” (a/k/a “Web beacons” or “pixel tags”) or similar technologies, on the Site and/or in our communications (e.g., in our HTML-based e-mails) which enable us to know whether you have visited a Web page or received or opened a message. This allows us to know the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
- IP Address and Clickstream Data. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our Site. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us and the referring website address.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. It won’t affect the user’s experience that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
However, you will still be able to place orders .
How Personal Information is Used
We may use your Personal Information to:
- provide you with and personalize our products and services, including storing transcripts of, and content provided during, on-demand tutoring sessions or online classroom sessions, creating an account for you, and enrolling you in free trials;
- process your orders, manage your account, provide you customer service, and ask for your feedback and send you surveys to help make our products and services better;
- maintain our internal records and otherwise manage our business;
- send you newsletters, notices and offers and otherwise correspond with you about products, services, companies and events that we think might interest you;
- perform research and analysis about your use of or interest in our products and services or the products or services offered by others;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Site and other sites, and provide our advertisements to you when you visit other sites;
- enforce our terms and conditions; and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
We may share your Personal Information with our service providers, including those who help deliver our products and services, help us process transactions, such as charging your credit card when you make purchases, help us market our products and services, and otherwise help us operate our business. These third parties are not authorized by us to use your Personal Information except in connection with providing services to us.
AGGREGATED AND NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We may share non-Personal Information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with our affiliates and third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our websites and on websites of third parties, and to analyze and report on advertising you see. We may combine Site usage information we collect with other non-Personal Information we obtain from other sources. We may also share aggregated, non-Personal Information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis.
LEGALLY COMPELLED DISCLOSURES AND SAFETY
We may disclose user information when compelled to do so by government authorities or otherwise as required or permitted by law, such as to respond to court orders and subpoenas. We also may disclose user information to protect the safety of others and when we have reason to believe that someone is causing injury to or interfering with our rights or property or the rights or property of others.
If we or all or a portion of our business is acquired by one or more third parties as a result of an acquisition, merger, sale, reorganization, consolidation or liquidation, Personal Information may be one of the transferred assets.
Using Caution when Sharing Information with Others
When you contribute to a public area or feature of our Site, such as a chat room, bulletin board, list serve, blog, or wiki, the information that you submit will be made available to the general public. Therefore, we recommend that you do not submit any sensitive information to such areas of our Site, including your full name, home address, phone number, financial information or any other information that would enable other users to locate you or contact you.
Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their Personal Information and should avoid sending Personal Information through insecure email, SMS messaging or similar communications.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Can change your personal information:
• By emailing us
• By calling us
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email
• Within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
• Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
• Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
• Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, you may use our feedback form or contact us at the following address:
3400 Mt Diablo Blvd